1. What is the Publius Voter Information Center?
The Publius Voter Information Center is an interactive, web-based tool that provides you with the voter- and election-related information you need. By using the Publius Voter Information Center, you will be able to obtain:
- Information about your voter registration status. You can check to see if you are registered to vote and where you are registered to vote.
- The address of your polling place, including directions and a map.
- Information about statewide candidates and ballot proposals, and campaign finance filings.
- Easy-to-follow instructions for using the voting equipment at your polling place.
- Updated election results.
2. How does the voter registration search work?
Enter your first and last name as they appear on your voter registration card in the spaces provided. Do not use your middle name, initial, or any suffix such as "Jr." or "Sr." If you have a common name, the system will prompt you for more specific information, such as your address or date of birth.
If you are not a registered voter, or there's a change needed in any of your voter registration information, the system will provide you with the name and address of your local city or township clerk to contact for further assistance.
3. Privacy - Can any personal information be accessed through the Publius Voter Information Center?
Publius only uses public records. No personal information about you is available on the system. When the lookup is done, information you input is referenced against the voter records and then discarded once a polling loction and correcponding ballot can be determined.
Information entered into the system is not collected.
4. What is the interactive ballot?
The interactive ballot provides you with information about the candidates and ballot proposals that will appear on your ballot on election day. It allows you to research each candidate's political platform and campaign finance reports as well as ballot proposal information.
5. What do I do if I need help using the system?
The Publius Voter Information Center has been designed for easy use. If your questions aren't answered through the use of this "Help" page, please contact us through e-mail. Be sure to fully describe the nature of your question and we'll do our best to assist you. The e-mail address is:email@example.com